Looking for a used above ground pool - Long Island

+1 for Craigslist but be ready to spend your time at someone's house taking the pool down, transporting it, and putting it up. Also, you will most likely have to buy a new liner, which will cost 100-200+. If there is rust on the pool, you will have to fix it and possibly locate replacement parts so try and find out the manufacturer from the current owner. We can usually help with assembly questions and if you provide details, we can often give our advice on any pool you are considering.

Where on the Island are you? Try asking around at a pool store, you'll be amazed at how many customers at the pool store get so angry because they always have algae and are willing to get rid of the pool. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "I wish I never got this stupid thing!" Or, maybe someone is there looking to upgrade to something bigger, and would be willing to let you have the old one for free, if you remove it and cart it away. Never hurts to ask... Also check the classified section in Newsday, they may have listed one in there. However, if you are only looking for an exact size 15' round, you may have to just buy it new. Besides, having someone elses hand me downs are not always bargains.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.