New Pool Owner.Firs Opening/SLAM DONE!

Re: New Pool Owner.Firs Opening/SLAM DONE! What's Next?

The most important thing is to keep the FC above the minimum for your CYA at all times.
Beyond that, keep the pH in the 7s and you should be fine.

An automatic cleaner is always nice so you do not have to vacuum :D

The most important thing is to keep the FC above the minimum for your CYA at all times.
Beyond that, keep the pH in the 7s and you should be fine.

An automatic cleaner is always nice so you do not have to vacuum :D

Okay thanks.Yeah I been looking at some Robot cleaners. But don't know which one to go with.Was looking at the Dolphin Oasis z5. Might pull the trigger.but going to keep searching see what I can find a afford better....Do you personally use borate in your pool? Would you recommend me adding it?

Thanks

I do not have borates in my pool, but I do have a 50 pound box of it sitting in the shed :D

Can not bring myself to add it now since I will likely have to replace my water due to climbing CH in a year or so ... then I will try it.

They are completely optional.

I do not have borates in my pool, but I do have a 50 pound box of it sitting in the shed :D

Can not bring myself to add it now since I will likely have to replace my water due to climbing CH in a year or so ... then I will try it.

They are completely optional.

I would like to add some borate to the pool.Was reading the guide using borax and acid.But i dont feel comfortable to do it yet.Since I'm a first time pool owner.And this is my first season.Which borate additive that some companies sell would you recommend? Have you use any personally?

Thanks

I got the boric acid from dudadeisel ... but I have not used it yet.

Being new, why complicate things? See how the season goes and maybe add it next year.

I got the boric acid from dudadeisel ... but I have not used it yet.

Being new, why complicate things? See how the season goes and maybe add it next year.

Hey Jason,

I'm having a problem .I was busy with work this past weekend.Ran out of bleach.Didn't have time to get it till yesterday.Added the bleach yesterday after 2-3 days without adding.This morning pool looks kid of yellowish/green.Added more bleach.What should I do? I know is my fault.But what can I do to fix this problem.

pH-7.8
FC-10
TA-120
CH-450
CYA-50

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.