SLAM cut short question

pcool69

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2014
Magnolia TX
Long story short, my wife tests the water last week and comes up with 0 FC on our 2 month old pool. (When I have time, I will post up some pics) We were using tablets for the first 2 months to allow the CYA level to gradually increase. That goal has been accomplished. CYA = 50.

On 4/5 the FC = 4 and CC was .5. On 4/14 FC = 0 and CC = 0. I think my wife is on board with regular testing moving forward because she spent last week SLAMing the pool. Unfortunately, I work a rotational schedule which meant she was on her own and grew tired of the process. She tested daily and added chlorine to shock level once a day but after 4 days was done.

She did not perform the OCLT before stopping. The water is clear. My question is if my CC level remains at .5 or lower, am I ok or do I need to SLAM?

Sounds like you need to do it. To reply to your Title, there are no shortcuts to SLAM.

We have a couple or more slow ones this year already, and it's clear people are not keeping up the procedure when we see this.

It is imperative that the FC has to get high, stay high, and stay high until everything is killed. When this is done properly, and in correct proportion to Cya, the pool will turn around. Unfortunately, if you let it slip, it will take time. Without knowing a little more, you are likely in the middle of this one. I would start anew with it, and get it going as if it were a brand new slam. If it's half or more done, then it won't take too long. Let us know when and if you need some help. We'll be glad to pitch in and help you through.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.