Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BleachCalc

BleachCalc

Here ya go folks, it's the unstoppable BleachCalc!

As always, any comments or suggestions are appreciated, and more than likely will be incorporated.

Michael

Download Bleach Calc 262

Thanks Michael! Already made this one a sticky.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

Senior Member The Mermaid Queen's Avatar
    Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

This is such a valuable tool!

18x32 grecian IG vinyl; ~23000 gallons; 250# sand filter, Hayward superpump with AO Smith motor 1HP SF1.0; booster pump for polaris. Handy Links: Jason's Calculator, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

bleach calc chart

hi all

I am trying to get the bleach calc chart but cant find the link in the sticky.. I have looked and looked Is there a link or maybe I have trouble at my end?

everyone is doing a great job
    thanks for the help Ric W
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

Re: bleach calc chart

Quote Originally Posted by ric
    hi all

I am trying to get the bleach calc chart but cant find the link in the sticky.. I have looked and looked Is there a link or maybe I have trouble at my end?

everyone is doing a great job
    thanks for the help Ric W
    It seems to have disappeared in the move.

Here's a temporary link to Chem Geek's site that has it: BleachCalc262 from Chem Geek
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

Ric,

I have sent MWSmith2 a PM requesting he please upload once again. Please check back on a regular basis and it should be there shortly. Thanks for your patience.

ps. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. That is a valuable piece of information we do not want lost.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

thankyou very much thought I was going nuts
    Ric W
    My Pool
    8605 gal fiberglass, 3/4 hp pump, sand filter, aquabot cleaner, heat siphon heat pump, tiger river(sumatran) spa

bleach calc

Hi all
    I downloaded Richard's bleach calc chart my question is I can convert gal to liters but i'm lost on the pounds to kilgrams is thare a little help out there?
    also tried Mickles chart it is stiil not working.

you guys and gals are doing a great job and so quick somebody seems to be on 24-7
    thanks for the help Ric
    Ric W
    My Pool

Here is a handy calculator.

(A rough estimate is: to go from lb to kg, multiply # by 2.2; kg to #, divide kg by 0.45)

18x32 grecian IG vinyl; ~23000 gallons; 250# sand filter, Hayward superpump with AO Smith motor 1HP SF1.0; booster pump for polaris. Handy Links: Jason's Calculator, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart

You can also use the google toolbar to do conversions for you.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

Senior Member In the Industry

If the conversion discussion is in reference to "bleachcalc", mwsmith has provided a "setting" button on the calculator to use either metric or imperial. It's under "more calcs"
    Dave S.
    Site Owner 42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter, No SWG
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Newbies Need Explanations!

Just to see if I understand Bleachcalc............

Pool Size - convert pool capacity in gallons to liters

Chlorine Strength - is this the actual reading of FC or TC???

Quantity of Bleach - convert the ounces in the bleach jug you use to liters?????

PPM Increase Desired - what I want the reading of FC or TC to be after treatment?

Note: Have not figured out the "OR" blank just above "calculate."

Would one of you experts write out an example using a 14 X 28 pool you wanted to maintain 2 ppm? Thanks!

Here is the best little conversion program you can have on your computer for free - I use it often.

http://joshmadison.com/software/convert/

Thanks from "not the brightest bulb in the pack" (Jim)
    14 X 28 vinyl lined IG pool with Hayward pump/filter, an Aqua Genie skimmer and a TF test kit.

For the first five years I thought pool maintenance was a snap. Little did I know what my future held using stabilized chlorine. BBB from now on....... you live and learn.
    P.S. Understand that when you ask questions the answer may not be one you like.

The program can be set to either US or metric units. This is selected under "More Calcs" and "Settings"

Chlorine Strength is the concentration of the Sodium Hypochlorite (bleach) you are using. Regular bleach is 5.25%, ultra bleach is 6%, and liquid shock is either 10% or 12%. Enter this as a number, e.g. 5.25 for 5.25% bleach.

PPM Increase Desired is how much you want the TC to increase. You can either enter this value or the Quantity of Bleach, and the program calculates the other.

The grayed out blanks are for results. The bleach amount is calculated in gallons, quarts, cups and ounces for easy measuring, and the OR box indicates the amount in gallons only, e.g. 1 Gallon(s), 1 quart(s), 1 cup(s) and 3 ounce(s) OR 1.3 Gallon(s).

Without knowing how much water your pool holds, I can't provide any details.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

Semi-hijack in process...

John, just to clarify "regular" v. "ultra"... I was in Meijer's (sorta like Wally world) and was looking to buy bleach for the laundry. I was actually trying to find the concentration of some generic stuff (not listed, so I skipped it) But when I went to look for Ultra Clorox, there was none to be found. They had much Clorox labeled "regular". I looked on the back, and lo, it is 6%.
    So apparently they have done a little change in marketing, and Clorox Regular is now 6%.

Hijack over!

Thanks guys - I no speaka plain "poolish" yet.

Grace - our Wal-Marts are full of their brand (Great Value) Ultra at 6%.
    14 X 28 vinyl lined IG pool with Hayward pump/filter, an Aqua Genie skimmer and a TF test kit.

For the first five years I thought pool maintenance was a snap. Little did I know what my future held using stabilized chlorine. BBB from now on....... you live and learn.
    P.S. Understand that when you ask questions the answer may not be one you like.

The calcs there do not show how much Borax to raise PH without raising the ALK. Mine is plenty high already, but my ph has dropped to 6.8 since I installed the SWG. The Borax calc there is used only for algaecide purposes.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Pool Rover Jr - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

The rule of thumb for Borax for pH control is that it takes twice the weight of 20 Mule Team Borax to make the pH rise the same as pH Up / Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda / Sodium Carbonate. So use BleachCalc to figure how much sodium carbonate to use and double it for the weight of Borax to use.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

Is there a BLEACH CALC for MAC?

Man, I lust after a bleach cal for MAC.....is there one anywhere? Otherwise, is there a good table accessible somewhere that approximates gallonage, CYA and daily clorox requirements?
    18000 gal. outdoor, in ground plaster pool; all day sun; 18" sand filter; 3/4 horse pump.

thtmnbhndthecrtn: welcome to TFP!

You can use my Pool Calculator, see the link in my signature, on machines which don't support Bleach Calc. If you make a local copy of the Pool Calculator page on your machine you don't have to have an active Internet connection to use it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Bleach calc for MAC?

Jason: I have been using your pool calculator since April and really love it--you are to be commended. I guess what I need to do is just start logging my bleach use.....which I have just figured out, thanks to the calculator...is probably the best way for me to optimize my CYA and not go over the top with it by using tri or di chor. I had been doing that for a couple of years. Your chart is genius, dude!! I just thought there might be some general rule of thumb chart around...? thanks......mb
    18000 gal. outdoor, in ground plaster pool; all day sun; 18" sand filter; 3/4 horse pump.