Gecrabill

Bronze Supporter
Feb 24, 2014
Osprey, Florida
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I got done with a slam a few weeks ago. I have my cya at 50/60. I've been doing trial and error with the swg to dial it in at the lower cya. So my question is. Tonight I tested my Fc and it's at 4.5. Which is 0.5 less than the 5 minimum recommended in pool math (normal without swg). Should I slam or should I be good since I am still over the 3 recommended with a swg (even though my cya is much lower than swg recommendation). I guess this question more so asks, is pool math accurate, if you are not within the recommended ranges? I am going to bring up my cya to 70ppm. Thank you

PoolMath is good for everything except adjusting PH when the PH is lower than 6.8 or higher than 8.2. The PH calculations are necessarily approximate, and the approximation used is designed to work reasonably well between 6.8 and 8.2, but can get fairly far off outside that range, more off the further outside that range you go.

Having FC go 0.5 low once is not a big deal as long as you notice quickly and correct it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.