Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swg levels or normal with low cya? Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Swg levels or normal with low cya? Help

I got done with a slam a few weeks ago. I have my cya at 50/60. I've been doing trial and error with the swg to dial it in at the lower cya. So my question is. Tonight I tested my Fc and it's at 4.5. Which is 0.5 less than the 5 minimum recommended in pool math (normal without swg). Should I slam or should I be good since I am still over the 3 recommended with a swg (even though my cya is much lower than swg recommendation). I guess this question more so asks, is pool math accurate, if you are not within the recommended ranges? I am going to bring up my cya to 70ppm. Thank you
    11,000 gallon gunite "pregnant bean" pool. Krystal Krete blue pepper interior finish. Pentair whisperflo .75 hp pump, Pentair Clean and clear RP 100 filter. Goldline blue essence 20k SWG. Savi sol LED. 4 deckjets

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Swg levels or normal with low cya? Help

You are fine maintaining your FC 4-6. Definitely get your CYA up to 70-80 asap.

Stick with these levels for swcg,
    Water Balance for SWCGs
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Swg levels or normal with low cya? Help

PoolMath is good for everything except adjusting PH when the PH is lower than 6.8 or higher than 8.2. The PH calculations are necessarily approximate, and the approximation used is designed to work reasonably well between 6.8 and 8.2, but can get fairly far off outside that range, more off the further outside that range you go.

Having FC go 0.5 low once is not a big deal as long as you notice quickly and correct it.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School