Is this safe to swim in?

gilbee

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Harvey, LA
I'm gearing up for a drain/refill gradually, but I'm curious if the numbers I have are especially dangerous to people...I'm sure the numbers are bad for the equipment and finish, but can we swim in this some while we drain/refill to reduce CYA? The water is very clear, but I know that clear water doesn't necessarily equate to water that is safe to the skin...

FC:26
TC:27
pH: 7.2 (Of course with the FC so high, I don't know how (in)accurate this number really is)
TA: 170
CH: 1000
CYA: 200+

If the water is clear and the FC level is below the recommended SLAM level for that crazy CYA level, which I believe it is, it's safe to swim but you have obvious issues to work out.

Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!

I am worried about that PH reading. The PH test tends to be way totally wrong when FC levels are that high. I strongly suspect that the actual PH is way too low. If so, the low PH will be rather irritating, especially causing stinging eyes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.