Cartridge Filter Pressure Fluctuating after cleaning

HouTX

Apr 13, 2015
Houston, TX
I cleaned my filter for the first time since purchasing the home in December. Prior to cleaning, the pressure was at 18psi, now it flicks back and forth between 16 -20psi. The needle drops to 16 then rises to 20psi within a few seconds, then it drops abruptly to 16psi. I have an in-floor cleaning system, which has worked intermittently (I think) but now appears to be working. The pressure changes appear to coincide with the zone change on the floor cleaning jets. One of the jets blows a lot of water when it comes on. Not sure if this is of significance. Water level is fine and I saw no visible obstructions in the skimmer basket. Any trouble shooting help will be sincerely appreciated…..

That sounds mostly normal. I would expect the pressure to fluctuate when an in-floor system changes zones. However, usually an in-floor system will stay on a single zone for quite a bit more than "several seconds".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.