Morton Pool Salt Problem

Another great thread !

After reading through here, what do you all think of the idea; instead of dumping the bag of salt in, you poke many holes in the bag and put the whole bag in the water. All particles that do not dissolve will end up on the bottom of the bag. Might take all night to slowly dissolve in this manner..... depending on the size of the holes you make.
Also means you don't have a pile of salt concentrated in one are of the pool surface.

This might a bad idea, haven't tried it yet. But as soon as I get my SWG installed I will !

And also, thank you for contributing info, I appreciate it much.

I just put my filter on recirculation and added salt to skimmer.No problems at all and had no salt/very little to floor.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
I would not recommend pouring salt into the skimmer ... in fact nothing should really ever be poured into the skimmer. You could clog the pipes or damage the impeller with any of the particles that make it through the basket.

You not going to clog nothing up if you use a little brain.People just make things more difficult than it really is.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Well, I can tell you I am not going to stand over the the skimmer slowly trickling 100s of pounds of salt into the skimmer when I can dump it all into the pool in a matter of seconds. And if you saw some salt get back into the pool, then it went through your pump and impeller and could have caused damage.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, salt will not cause any damage and it will dissolve in a matter of minutes ... especially if you brush it around a bit. Since I am sure we all brush the pool as often as we should ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.