SWG issues, again

Jul 2, 2012
Cupertino,CA
I am back again,:( after resolving a high salt level a while back. Chlorine production was perfect for a few weeks.
I didn't do any chemical checks for one week, and came-back to find zero chlorine.
The aquapure system was reading 4400 and giving error code for high salt.

I tested my water and confirmed the salinity to be 3600. I calibrated the system to read 3600 and started making chlorine again.

Next day....no chlorine. The Aquapure salt reading levels keep changing.
This AM I tried to troubleshoot the front board.
In the three tests of the front board, the results are supposed to be; 2.8, 75 degrees and 91 degrees. My readings were: 2.2, 74 degrees and 90 degrees.
In the written troubleshooting instructions, it states that if you have re-calibrated the system previously, you might get erroneous readings when troubleshooting the board.

I can't tell if the board is bad or if it is more likely just the sensor.
I don't see any instructions to test the sensor.

Questions:
Is there a definitive way, now that I have changed calibration, to confirm the front board's condition?
Though the board is less than two years old, is it better to replace it AND the sensor at the same time? (last time I only replaced the board. I have just been cleaning the sensor.)
Are there different quality levels in the replacement parts available, or are all boards from one manufacturing source? Last time, I purchased from the lowest priced vendor on Amazon. I am wondering if I might have an inexpensive knock-off??

ANY help would be appreciated. I am getting really frustrated.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that your salt test is correct and the SWG is wrong. The other way around is just as possible. And even if the test is the correct one, it is what the SWG thinks that really matters. I recommend lowering your salt level so that the SWG is happy with it.

The actual numbers have a range for the readings and they are 2.7-3.1, 73-77, and 89-93. Only the salinity number is off and you recalibrated the sensor so that could very well have led to a false number for the salinity. I would redo the calibration and set the level up 800 ppm to 4400 ppm if it still reads 3600. If you haven't been adding any salt and the salinity has been increasing on the SWG then I would think either the sensor and or board need to be replaced.

If your sensor has the adapter board make sure you disconnect both the adapter board and sensor from the adapter board. After turning the system back on and letting it run for 5 minutes, hold the calibration button on the adapter board down until the small green light on the adapter board lights up, should take 5 seconds or so. After you have done all this redo the troubleshooting sequence on the board.

My sensor was giving errors about a month ago and after two weeks it had to be replaced. It started off with high salinity, low salinity, then flow issues. The Jandy boards seem to have few problems overall, but the sensors are usually the trouble spot with the Aquapure units.

I received my new sensor in the mail. I bought the "newer" one, with the Tri-sensor interface module.
It was an easy install.
I had to re-calibrate the salinity, since I had messed with it prior to changing the sensor.

It seems to be working as it should. We are making chlorine!! :eek:)
I am working on getting the PH and TA dialed in. It is really close.
I would like for this thing to last a while this time!

Thanks for the help.
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.