Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Fiberglass Pool Manufacturers???

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Fiberglass Pool Manufacturers???

Currently torn on Gunite vs Fiberglass but if I decide to go Fiberglass I would think that choosing one of the best manufacturers would be a critical decision followed closely by choosing an experienced PB. What manufacturers are widely considered to be the best? My research lead me to Barrier Reef and Leisure Pools but I wanted more opinions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best Fiberglass Pool Manufacturers???

I think "best" can be very subjective, plus you may have issues if no one in your area sells the "best". You may do better to survey local pool builders to see what they sell and then research those specific brands.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

We use Viking/Trilogy/Blue Hawaiian from Latham and have been very happy with quality. Mostly the only thing I can tell is go with your gut. My experience and someone elses will be totally different. You have to be confident in your choice.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics

4. Back To Top    #4

A good installer is just as important, if not more. A good installer with a good reputation is not going to install bad products.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Would you look for someone who ONLY deals in Fiberglass and avoid someone who does fiberglass, gunite, vinyl and above ground pools? Or does that matter? What is a good number of annual fiberglass installs to look for in a PB?

6. Back To Top    #6

I had a Leisure installed about 5 years ago. I'll echo the poster who said that the installer is the most important part. My guys say they do 70 pools a year or so.
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

7. Back To Top    #7

I think what is important is that they are good at installing FG pools. If they also do gunite and vinyl then they can probably offer some insights into what works best in your area. FG pools aren't that common around here, I wouldn't be surprised if a PB had to do other types too. I would definitely want to see references and pools installed.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach