Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hot Tub High Temp

1. Back To Top    #1

Hattiesburg, MS

Hot Tub High Temp

I can not lower the temperature on my Island Spa hot tub. It has been locked on a high temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moved post to start a new thread
    divin dave

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Hot Tub High Temp

You may check out the Island Spa web page to find a manual, or failing that the closest dealer seems to be about 70 miles away

Spa & Tub Manufacturers, Inc.
    3612 Hwy 90 Gautier, MS. 39553
    Telephone: 228-497-0035
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

The only thing I know to try is turn off the circuit breaker for 10-15 minutes and see if that resets it. Otherwise, I'd have to call the people I bought the hot tub from.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Peoria, IL

Is it overheating? If so, could be a bad limit sensor. That is what tells the heater to turn off. Is there a code that is showing up on the controller?

Or do you mean that you cannot physically turn the temp down? If that try the breaker reset, if that does not work you may have to replace the keypad??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

5. Back To Top    #5

Sydney, Australia

Assuming your keypad looks like this... P28, some kind of parental/child lock might be on...
    8M x 4M Inground Concrete, 40k Litres, Waterline Tiles/Quartzon, Viron P320 VS Pump, Sand Filter(Glass Media) Astral VX-9 SWCG, Heatpump w/ Solar Cover. Zodiac V3 4WD Robot. Bullfrog A8D Spa(1800Litres).