Backed to the sunroom kitchen island placement.

Azmp1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2012
Maryland
Hey folks,
So I'm planning out my outdoor kitchen and one the options I'm considering is to maybe back the island (or at least the portion of it where the grills are going to be) to the exterior sunroom wall (vinyl siding). I'm thinking, I can install a fire/heat proof barrier behind that also goes up maybe two feet or so that can be titled/stoned as a nice backsplash. Of course this design still worries me for obvious reasons. I'm also worried about not be able to appropriately vent it at back.
What say you folks, am I crazy to even consider this option?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have a sketch of what you are describing? How close would the closest grill be? Gas or charcoal? Really need some sketches.

I have a double burner close to my house but it's brick not siding. I believe there is a regulation on this. 18 or 24 inches I think.

Also need to consider smoke staining your siding.

Good points on the regs. No sketch yet as I'm pretty busy with a gazebo pad at the moment, but will be putting one together in the next several weeks and will definitely post it. Appreciate the input!

Yes that's certainly is my concern as well, hence the thought of building a fireproof barrier/backsplash. My bigger concern at is point is the back venting. Also I definitely don't want to do anything against code..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.