New pool, Pensacola, FL

Still going very slow....pool builder promises lots of progress this week. Last week had the tracks reinstalled. Apparently the cover guys didn't even sweep off the concrete before screwing down the tracks. Friday they finished the coping. I'm still trying to talk the builder into putting a row of angled tiles at the back of the ledge where the cover stows so I won't loose as much water. Pavers tomorrow and equipment on Wed.
pool8.jpg

That is a solid looking pad! Make sure you print out this pic and mark on the print what pipe and valve does what. Put it in the folder with all of your pool stuff. It might come in handy if you need someone to help you with the pool one day.

Kim

More progress. PB offered to do the stairs for free because of all the delays. Paver guy tried to make them out of only pavers and was only 5" off center of the door they were for. Instead of waiting for proper materials and workmanship we just told them no thanks.
pool11.jpg

Tile was redone on the ledge for the third time.... much happier with the back edge angled up 2.5" to keep more water in the pool. PB also put bullnose on the outside of the exposed wall coping which wasn't really specified.

The autocover guy showed up. He's 84 years old and asked to excuse his chemo bag he had hooked up. Very hard to get mad at the guy for not ordering the lids 4 weeks ago when they had a meeting with the builder and all concerned. Still, it's another 1.5 week delay for the autocover lids.

Pavers are still in progress (Belgard Lafitt Rustic Slab in harvest blend for those interested) and plaster is once again "tomorrow". Plumbing still isn't right and electricians haven't been here yet. SWG was the 20 instead of the 40....sent it back. I have one return plumbed to double as a vacuum line also....they tried to do it with only one valve....won't work....waiting for another valve to be installed.

We are a bit frustrated to say the least, shotcrete was July 1st. We ordered a heat pump tonight......

pool10.jpg

I bet you are frustrated! WOW!

I like the pavers they have done so far.

The cover tiles DO look much better as far as keeping water in.......................3 times?????? OUCH!

The steps at the door? Yeap no thanks! Maybe he was trying to make it match??? but not "match" the door opening.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've been out of town for a week but the family has enjoyed the pool.
pool13.jpg

First water test.
FC = 0
CC = 0
pH = 8+
TA = 60
CH = 125
CYA = 0
Salt = 0
temp = 78
I put some bleach in and I'm slowly bringing down the ph. Will add CYA up to 30 for starters this week.

Early this week is cover(3rd promised date), heater instillation, and I'm hooking up intellichem and screenlogic. We still have to finish wall and paint coping when cover lids are installed.

That's what it's all about right there. Glad they finally got it all figured out, and got the pool finished, but I'm sorry you're still having to wait on other things that should have already been finished too. Your pool looks great. Congrats and Enjoy!!!

It's been a long winter... They finally finished off the lids for the cover vault in December. We were able to swim on Christmas day with help from the heat pump. In January we drained the pool to fix about a half dozen leaks around the tile line and around the main drain. In March they figured out that they used the wrong size pipes to connect the returns in the floor... drained again and epoxied the space between the different sized pipes.
One more cosmetic correction on the coping and we're done with the pool builder.

We only contracted to have the upper level of pavers done by the builder so this winter I've been preparing the other areas for additional pavers and steps. This week me and my 80 year old Dad finished off most of the pavers--not too bad for our first attempt at laying pavers. Just have to finish the stucco/paint and build some stairs up to the house and construction will be done. Then comes the landscaping/planters/grass.

I also installed the outdoor audio system. Google chromecast audio gadgets for wifi control with Klipsch speakers.

Here's the full build video at 24 frames/sec with one picture every minute.

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.