Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How many jets in your spa?

1. Back To Top    #1

How many jets in your spa?

Hey guys. I don't know why it never crossed my mind - I didn't even think about jets in the spa. We are getting a 7' round spa and set to have 6 jets. I have NO idea if that is enough. I want lots of movemen in the water. I have not researched or planned the spa. I just said I want one. I know, I know. What was I thinking!?

What do you have? How many jets? Is it enough?
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How many jets in your spa?

Just finished building our pool/spa last month. We also have a 7' round spa that has 5 jets, with one having 2 jets for a total of 6. It moves plenty of water, but we definitely wish we had done more. At least 2 more single jets. There is a pretty good space in between all the jets.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Hopefully it's not a fortune to add more. Are they at different levels? Like some high, some low?
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

Keep in mind that if you get much above about 6-8 jets, you may need a second pump to provide enough flow rate for the jets but it does depend on the type of jets you are planning to use (low flow vs high flow). PBs are notorious for designing under performing spa jets because most do not understand hydraulics very well.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

We just had Gunite on Thursday, so our jets are set. We have 12 jets with 2 pumps and I believe 2 blowers. I hope our hydraulics are good! Honestly, everything is overwhelming to me. Way more to learn and understand than I ever imagined. And I thought I had done plenty of research. We are really at the mercy of our pool builders. Now I have to worry about hydraulics, and tile, and plaster oh my! Good luck Sunbury! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

8 here on 8ft diameter spa, and I'd recommend 8 if you can do it. It was a paltry $50 difference to change from 6 to 8 jets when bidding out the plumbing aspect of construction. You should be able to get your PB to make that change for next to nothing, especially if they know you're privy to the cheap cost of jets.
    IG gunite 32 x 18 on a bachelor budget! Click Here To See

7. Back To Top    #7

This is so stressful! I feel like a monkey doing a math problem! I don't know what type of jets - I'd assume the cheapest. My PB is supposed to be out tomorrow to look at my property in person. Maybe I'll ask for more details!
    ~Wendy