Can I stop brushing my pool if I have a robot?

jtaves85mcss

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have finally decided to pull the plug and buy a robot to take over my pool cleaning. Yes I would much prefer to watch a bot do the work after 4 years of manual brushing and vacuuming on weekly basis. My routine with a vinyl lined pool has been leaf raking on once or twice a week then brushing on Wednesday again on Saturday a few hours before vacuuming.

Although I expect to still need to leaf rake a little, I am interested to know if I put a Dolphin M5 in the pool twice a week, can I stop the manual brushing? Does the robot give me the same general agitation and water line cleaning as a nylon brush?

I think this is one of those YMMV situations. If the cleaner climbs the walls and you get good circulation in the pool you may be able to reduce or stop brushing the pool. Perhaps some other Dolphin M5 owners can chime in with their experience.

Its not as vigorous an action as muscle power with a brush, but it will eliminate your need to vacuum. You'll still need to hit the steps, and brush the pool some as a good practice but it will cut your time spent doing these things by a lot. I have not seen my vac hose since my Robot went in the pool. It's really dusty where I am, so I still knock it off with a brush, but I don't have a need to vac things out. He does all that now. Since you have leaves he will take care of a good deal of that too. Not if you let it go to where there is a large bulk you need a rake for, but you will be amazed how much work a Robot takes care of. I'm a rookie with my cleaner experience, but I'll never be without my Robot if I can help it.

Its not as vigorous an action as muscle power with a brush, but it will eliminate your need to vacuum. You'll still need to hit the steps, and brush the pool some as a good practice but it will cut your time spent doing these things by a lot. I have not seen my vac hose since my Robot went in the pool. It's really dusty where I am, so I still knock it off with a brush, but I don't have a need to vac things out. He does all that now. Since you have leaves he will take care of a good deal of that too. Not if you let it go to where there is a large bulk you need a rake for, but you will be amazed how much work a Robot takes care of. I'm a rookie with my cleaner experience, but I'll never be without my Robot if I can help it.
Sounds like my experience.

I probably should give the pool a good brushing but our M5 has me out of the habit. Due to the pollen and rain I have found that I have had to brush the waterline a few times due to a line above where the robot can clean when I drop the level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.