remove scale from liner

For reasons I won't go into at this time i didn't do anything with my intex pool last fall but drain the pump and filter an unhook the hoses. After evaluating the swamp and it's smell i decided to pay the fifty bucks for the refill and drain it. Got it down to about 2" got in with a bucket and bleach after removing all the leaves and washed the liner... It was slow going so i got out the pressure washer and carefully sprayed away the leftover buildup. The water level area had yellowish staining that wouldn't come off with bleach. I could however scratch it off with my fingernail. After everything dried, i noticed white scaling in other areas as well. I tried some vinegar and it bubbled an slowly loosened it. What should i use to remove this.... I have muratic acid leftover from last summer...

Welcome to TFP!

It is dangerous to use muriatic acid directly on a vinyl liner. Strong acids can easily damage the liner. White vinegar is probably your best choice. Pressure washing as much of it away as you can is also a good idea. Probably a mixture of the two, vinegar to loosen it up and then pressure washing to get it all off, will be most successful, but experiment a little to see what works best for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.