Busted Multiport?

PhilR

Jul 21, 2013
Beaverton, OR
I have a swimquip sand filter with a StaRite 14962 Multiport. Last summer, and now as I'm trying to do some cleanup, I noticed small debris and green stuff shooting out of the returns when I use the vacuum. So, I took the multiport off, and took it apart. I also did a deep clean while I had it open.

As you can see in the second picture, the inside of the multiport is cracked. As best I can tell, the part that is cracked separates the dirty water in the filter from the clean water ready to go to the pool. Can I replace that part, or am I looking at a whole new multiport? It wasnt clear how to get it apart, and I knew if I forced it I'd be buying a whole new multiport anyway.

I also have a couple of bonus questions for you?
1. Does the spider gasket look ok? I'm going to replace it anyway while I have it apart, but just trying to understand the standard.
2. The bottom picture shows where the standpipe goes into the bottom of the multiport. I'm surprised that there isn't a gasket on that. Should there be?

Thanks.

Phil

Yes that part can be replaced. A quick Internet search for parts for that model should turn up a parts diagram and a couple of places that sell the individual parts.

1) The spider gasket looks pretty bad. I would replace it.
2) There should be an o-ring. I can't be sure, but I think I see an o-ring in the photo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.