Gradual Draining Question

Based on my calculations, as of right now I've pumped 9750gal since I've started. I'm gonna pump through until morning and take some readings tomorrow. By 8:25 I should have pumped 14250, which is over 80% if it were an even swap.

Based on my calculations, as of right now I've pumped 9750gal since I've started. I'm gonna pump through until morning and take some readings tomorrow. By 8:25 I should have pumped 14250, which is over 80% if it were an even swap.
You really can't take a measurement unless you mix the water. Otherwise it will high in the areas of old water and low in the area of new water. I would base it on the last measurement you made and the amount of water you added since you stopped remixing the water.

Not yet...at 100, and worked called me away. Though I realized after chatting with others in another thread that I could perceivably stop at 70 or 80 if I implement that salt system I'm planning on installing anyway...so I just ordered a Hayward aquarite with T15 cell. When I get home later this week, I'll do another day of pumping and probably be in the right range, and start prepping for salt

mas985 (or anyone else who wants to comment of course),

I came home today to get ready to start pumping more water, and I'm having a problem I didn't encounter when I left this a few days ago...when I shut the three way valve off like we discussed (and I had already done once before), I'm finding that my pump is slowly losing prime...I took a video of it and put it on youtube so others could see what I'm talking about:

Youtube Video Link

The noise I'm referring to coming from the valve occurred before, and it was concerning then, but wasn't accompanied with a loss of prime (some bubbles popped into the filter basket before as I closed the skimmers and swapped to pure main drain, but the quickly subsided)...based on where the bubbles seem to be coming from, I'm not sure if this means a bad o-ring on the pump filter basket, or something else. I was going to buy a new basket cover anyway soon...should I just try swapping it out and see if that helps, or do you see a different problem?

If you turn off the pump and it loses prime, before you turn the pump on again, you must turn the return valves back on otherwise the pump will never prime because the flow rate is too low going through the hose.

The bubbles you are seeing is just the pump basket lid leaking. Try some pool lube on that.

The valve noise is because the valve is not sealing well enough and leaking some water through. Not really an issue.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.