Ocala, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
My pool renovation starts on Monday the 20th. I'm going to have new tile and Diamond Bright finish along with brick pavers installed over the existing deck. Already had the neighbors Live Oak trimmed back, so that it no longer hangs over and dumps in the pool. I will update with pictures daily.
This pic was taken today. pool before.jpg

Well the reno has started today. Pretty boring day :sleep:, as the only thing that happened was the coping overhang was cut off and the pump dropped into the bowl. Nothing picture worthy. The thunderstorms this afternoon was more interesting.. Tomorrow the new tile will go in. Will update with pictures then.

Pictures from the coping overhang being cut, demo of a ramp coming out of the screen room and the new tile.
3.1.jpg
2.jpg
View attachment 35579

Not sure why the pics did not show in the order I want.

Today they are laying the coping, building the new step and starting the paver deck.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 156
Re: Pool and deck renovation Ocala, FL

Well the coping is in and grouted and the old finish has been chipped out and bond coated. The new step to the porch is under way and some of the pavers have been placed. Not a lot will happen till after the new Diamond Bright is installed on Wednesday. I think the tile on the pool steps will happen Monday.

The conduit on the back of the light niche had been sealed up (I guess from a old leak) . Should I chip out some of the old epoxy and put some new in there? Any thoughts ?:confused:

Well I chipped out the old epoxy in the niche and put a wire cork in it then butyl sealer around it all. The step tiles where set today.

I'm now being told that the finish got bumped to Thursday do the forecast of RAIN for the next 2 days..:(

The Diamond Bright was finished Thursday. Friday it was acid washed and fill hoses place in the bowl and started to fill at 8am. Saturday morning at 5 it was full, PB was here at 7am to do the start up. Been brushing and cleaning the filter waiting for the water to clear, and chasing the PH. Will post pictures once the water has cleared and the pavers are complete.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.