Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ocala, FL Pool and deck renovation

1. Back To Top    #1

Ocala, FL Pool and deck renovation

My pool renovation starts on Monday the 20th. I'm going to have new tile and Diamond Bright finish along with brick pavers installed over the existing deck. Already had the neighbors Live Oak trimmed back, so that it no longer hangs over and dumps in the pool. I will update with pictures daily.
    This pic was taken today. pool before.jpg
    21,500 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Diamond Brite Cool Blue pool. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP 2 speed pump running on low for 8 hrs a day, Sta-rite PCX125 cartridge filter, CircuPool RJ-45 SWG, 500 watt incandesce light, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot cleaner, Solar-Breeze NX & TF-100 test kit, Taylor K1766 kit with speed stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ocala, FL Pool and deck renovation

Awesome! Looking forward to see it all done!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Cool! I will follow this reno.

26K gallons, IG vinyl, Pentair 1.5 HP, Hayward DE filter, TF 100 test kit, Ecojet Turbo Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Well the reno has started today. Pretty boring day , as the only thing that happened was the coping overhang was cut off and the pump dropped into the bowl. Nothing picture worthy. The thunderstorms this afternoon was more interesting.. Tomorrow the new tile will go in. Will update with pictures then.
    21,500 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Diamond Brite Cool Blue pool. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP 2 speed pump running on low for 8 hrs a day, Sta-rite PCX125 cartridge filter, CircuPool RJ-45 SWG, 500 watt incandesce light, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot cleaner, Solar-Breeze NX & TF-100 test kit, Taylor K1766 kit with speed stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Can't wait to see it transform!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Pictures from the coping overhang being cut, demo of a ramp coming out of the screen room and the new tile.
    3.1.jpg
    2.jpg
    Attachment 35579

Not sure why the pics did not show in the order I want.

Today they are laying the coping, building the new step and starting the paver deck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (55.4 KB, 154 views)

7. Back To Top    #7

Question Re: Pool and deck renovation Ocala, FL

Well the coping is in and grouted and the old finish has been chipped out and bond coated. The new step to the porch is under way and some of the pavers have been placed. Not a lot will happen till after the new Diamond Bright is installed on Wednesday. I think the tile on the pool steps will happen Monday.

The conduit on the back of the light niche had been sealed up (I guess from a old leak) . Should I chip out some of the old epoxy and put some new in there? Any thoughts ?

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: Pool and deck renovation Ocala, FL

Well I chipped out the old epoxy in the niche and put a wire cork in it then butyl sealer around it all. The step tiles where set today.

I'm now being told that the finish got bumped to Thursday do the forecast of RAIN for the next 2 days..

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: Pool and deck renovation Ocala, FL

The Diamond Bright was finished Thursday. Friday it was acid washed and fill hoses place in the bowl and started to fill at 8am. Saturday morning at 5 it was full, PB was here at 7am to do the start up. Been brushing and cleaning the filter waiting for the water to clear, and chasing the PH. Will post pictures once the water has cleared and the pavers are complete.