Strange problem

BillB

Aug 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I just noticed what looked like two bugs (round backs and yellowish) attached to the side of my pool, about a foot under the surface.
I ground them off with a pumice stone and under them was a black pit about 1/16" deep.
I couldn't get rid of the black.
I've taken good care of the pool for almost two years and haven't had a speck of algae.
These may not have been organisms. They may have been some kind of solidified bubble.
Does anyone have any idea what this may be?
Thanks

A black pit as in a hole in your plaster (like a belly button)?

Have you tried putting a puck over them some way? Not sure how you would do that but...............worth a try.

I have NO idea what they could be.

Kim

Is there any way to do a spot acid scrub under water?
It there any kind of tool made that will allow that?

A piece of PVC pipe. You pour some acid into it with the end of it on the spot, and it will direct it right there.

I'm not sure that will help, because I'm not sure what it is. I've asked for some input more knowledgeable than mine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
As with kimkat's suggestion, and without seeing pictures, my best guess is that a "tie-wire" or rebar is rusting out. The black stuff may need chiseling out and patch with epoxy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.