TF-100 readings and my SLAM process

Really that's fine. Once you get to a point where you can predict how long it takes to be just below your SLAM level, it's fine to wait that long to re-test.

If that turns out to be three hours, that's ok. The time it takes to fall will become longer and longer as the process consumes the orgaincs that are using up your FC. This is a sign it's working, and getting better. It will lean more and more this way as this progresses.

Really that's fine. Once you get to a point where you can predict how long it takes to be just below your SLAM level, it's fine to wait that long to re-test.

If that turns out to be three hours, that's ok. The time it takes to fall will become longer and longer as the process consumes the orgaincs that are using up your FC. This is a sign it's working, and getting better. It will lean more and more this way as this progresses.

Patrick, you guys have been such a great help in this process! I am diligently been trying to stay on top of the process.

You are doing a great job! I know it's a pain to keep at it like this, but it's working!!! You will reap the rewards soon.

As for my question about retesting. I was just curious and asking a question, not making a recommendation!!!! No biggie. Once in a while I retest a half-hour later just to make sure a batch of bleach is fresh. Even a good date doesn't always tell you. It may have sat out somewhere or something. Sorry if I threw a wrench in the works!

You are doing a great job! I know it's a pain to keep at it like this, but it's working!!! You will reap the rewards soon.

As for my question about retesting. I was just curious and asking a question, not making a recommendation!!!! No biggie. Once in a while I retest a half-hour later just to make sure a batch of bleach is fresh. Even a good date doesn't always tell you. It may have sat out somewhere or something. Sorry if I threw a wrench in the works!

Thanks! No worries at all. I figure I would just stick with what I have been doing. I know it was just a question. Sorry if I came off as rude in any way. :D

No worries here either! ;) Anxious for your next results!

Here are my 4:30pm results

4/20/2015 @ 4:30 pm
FC: 16.5
Dumped 14 ozs of 8.25% @ 4:35

Considering I did not add and bleach at my 2:30pm reading, this is not too bad :D

The auto cleaner picked up a lot. I will put it back in in the morning. It gets hung up sometimes and I want to make sure I can move it if needed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup. That sun ... gotta love it though.

Typically, you might expet 2 -3 ppm FC loss due to the sun. So, take that in cosideration.
Have you done a CC test lately?

Yes that is very true, Dave! I have not done a CC test since Saturday morning when I performed all the tests. I can take one in the morning if you think I should. I am thinking that I need to bump my afternoon level to 24 maybe to account for the loss.

Like Patrick says, It wont hurt at all to bump it up some...
it wouldnt hurt to do a CC test either.

One thing I would just like to mention.... Above ground ladders are famous for having nooks and crannies where algae can hide and water and chlorine doesn't circulate to... so if yours is of the type with hollow tubes and caverns built in it, it might not be a bad idea to pull it out and wash behind its ears.

Yes that is very true, Dave! I have not done a CC test since Saturday morning when I performed all the tests. I can take one in the morning if you think I should. I am thinking that I need to bump my afternoon level to 24 maybe to account for the loss.

Like Patrick says, It wont hurt at all to bump it up some...
it wouldnt hurt to do a CC test either.

One thing I would just like to mention.... Above ground ladders are famous for having nooks and crannies where algae can hide and water and chlorine doesn't circulate to... so if yours is of the type with hollow tubes and caverns built in it, it might not be a bad idea to pull it out and wash behind its ears.

Ok I will do a CC test int the morning. I will be testing again in about 30mins, but my daughter is being clingy so I would rather do CC in the morning.

Dave, I took the ladder out and scrubbed it with a toothbrush and hard bristle cleaning brush using bleach water. I scrubbed both sides and then put the ladder back in the opposite from how it was last year since the paint was peeling in a couple of spots on the metal part that was on the inside.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.