Posting pictures trouble

SuzfromTexas

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 7, 2015
Houston, Texas
I need help posting pictures, please! I'm trying to update my new pool thread, and I want to post pictures of the progress. I've posted pictures just fine before now, but I can't seem to do so, now. Whenever I try, I get the failed download message. Is it the size of the file? I have tried many different ways, and I'm stuck. I can continue to update my thread without pictures, but would rather include the photos. Thanks! Suz

You probably hit your limit of attachment space. You will need to find a web host for the photos and link to them in your post.

Making a donation to support the forum will increase your attachment limit, but at some point you will want to find a web host anyway.

Hi Suz,
there is a limit in loading pics directly to the forum unless you upgrade to a lifetime or platinum member. But not to fret. You can post them anyhow using photobucket. Heres what to do.

Load your pics to photobucket.
to share them on the forum, double click on the pic you want to share, the pic will get big and there will be 3 lines of code to the right of the pic. then click the IMG code which will be hte code at the bottom of the 3. Click the IMG code and it copies to your clipbopard.

Then, copy that into your post. WHen you click the submit button, the IMC code you copied will show up as a pic.

hope this helps,

Thank you both, Tim5055 and Divin Dave! I thought it might have to do with the amount of space on that attachment box. I tried deleting what was on there but couldn't. I will definitely do both - support the forum and use photobucket. I certainly appreciate and value all the help and info I've gotten from the TFP experts and newbies! I guess ya'll know how grateful we newbies are!!! Thanks a million (if only I had that to give)!

I'm ready to post pictures!!!! One question, though. If I use the photobucket route now, does that help the site in paying for less photo space?? Or can I wait until I have a little more time to set up my photobucket (I've never used that before)? Thanks, Suz.

Nope. Photobucket has nothing to do with the forum space or pic allotment or anything else. TFP welcomes pics, no matter which method is used to get them here.

The additional pic allotment is just another way of saying thank you for supporting TFP. In case you haven't noticed, there are no advertisements - at all - on TFP.
Solicitation within posts is also not allowed.

The costs for supporting the forum are from dontations by members only. Dontations are not a requirement to anyone, you would still get the attention to your questions that every member gets. Supporter or not.

However, there are some advantages to membership, such as the pic allotment. You will also notice now that you have an additonal forum called the VIP Lounge. You only get access to that by becoming a supporter. Come to the VIP lounge and say hi and have a look around?
http://www.troublefreepool.com/forums/31-V-I-P-Lounge

And by the way, that badge below your user name looks great!

Thanks so much for your support!

I'm ready to post pictures!!!! One question, though. If I use the photobucket route now, does that help the site in paying for less photo space?? Or can I wait until I have a little more time to set up my photobucket (I've never used that before)? Thanks, Suz.

Thanks so much! I will jump over to the VIP lounge as soon as I can. For some reason, I still had trouble attaching photos from here. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. But I set up photobucket, and it worked like a charm. If you have time, check out my build thread I just updated. Even though the pool isn't too purty, she's still my baby! Have a great day! Suz.

Hello..how do embed pictures into my post instead of having readers have to click on the attachment?

I am starting a new pool build and would love to post pictures for everyone's insight.

P.S. I will be donating to this site not only as a way to say thanks for all of the great insight but also to increase my storage allotment for photos.

Mike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you tried linking your photos from Photobucket? That's what many of us do here on TFP. Upload your pics to Photobucket (free), then copy & paste the IMG code for that pic from Photobucket to your TFP post. Works great.

Also, you can try going to the bottom of your quick reply post where it says “Go Advanced”, and then down to where it says “Manage Attachments”. It may let you upload them that way. They may show-up large because you can't adjust the size of the attachment, but it may work.

Like this:

Moose in Pool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.