New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I'm having a 16x32 vinyl liner pool installed (48" walls in the shallow end). One end liner covered steel steps and the other end a roman shaped bench (jets on stairs and bench). The liner was delivered this afternoon and installed. Turned the hose on and it's wait time. There are 2 led lights that I'm glad my wife said was a must. I went with a cartiridge filter after having one, and loving it, on a 27' round above ground (48" high). I didn't want a diving pool so it is 6' 6" at the deepest. I have a frog that I know is frowned upon here but the money doesn't bother me, I'm really looking for the convenience. It came as a freebee so if I don't care for it I don't have to use it next year. As you can see I'll have to put up some type of wall on the back side. That will likely have to wait until next year. I'd love to go with slate coping and then grass but $$ will likely dictate that I go with a colored concrete coping. Since the side with the wall will be a pain to mow I'm thinking of keeping that a pea gravel type surface or pavers. The tilted pvc pipe is the plumbing for a future Polaris (if I get one, not decided yet). Any feeback on the lanscaping is appreciated. Any questions just ask.

17182549901_4320ac42b3_s.jpg
[/url]photo 1 by macobisnow5, on Flickr[/IMG]

photo 3 by macobisnow5, on Flickr

photo 2 by macobisnow5, on Flickr

photo 4 by macobisnow5, on Flickr

photo 5 by macobisnow5, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks pooldv. My kids will get a kick out of "the frog" and then be quickly dissapointed that it's not the animail :D Now that the equipment is installed I'm going to update my profile with the model numbers etc.

That frog is going to put metals in your water n stain your liner. You don't need it nor do you want that headache. All you need is chlorine. If you're solely relying on the frog to sanitize the pool, you'll also be harboring bacteria that SHOULD have been killed by the chlorine but you're choosing a mineral system that is pretty much worthless at sanitizing the water. But it's your pool, your money and your health.

Welcome to TFP.

Very nice pool! Very similar to mine thats getting installed soon. Even heater and filter look the same. Im going with raised aggregate concrete slightly colored to go around the pool and a new patio.

Yes, it seems they are. The filter I have is a waterway cart. I had a 27' above ground and I had a waterway filter. It cracked after I left it out one winter (drained but the cold still did a number on it) and I went with a Hayward to replace it. I missed the waterway so I hope I'm glad I'm going back to it.

Hi Casey,

The advice is appreciated. The one thing people seem to not realize is that chlorine is still used with a frog system just a smaller amount. Like when people think a swg is a saltwater/oceanlike pool (still has chlorine of course). In any event if we ditch the frog I'll get a swg next year. I had to try to keep costs down to start so the swg was off the table this year.
-Chris

Just turn the frog to zero and use household bleach. The frog won't hurt anything if you don't use the mineral pack, and just use its chlorine pack when your out of town or when you want more cya.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just turn the frog to zero and use household bleach. The frog won't hurt anything if you don't use the mineral pack, and just use its chlorine pack when your out of town or when you want more cya.

Good idea, I'm thinking I'd remove it but no need.

- - - Updated - - -

Chris, we do realize how the Frog functions. We know it uses some FC.
Yes I know most here do, I put that up for any newcomers. I like the links in your signature, good idea! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.