Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New guy from Louisiana

1. Back To Top    #1

New guy from Louisiana

Hello!

Totally new to pools, have been following the BBB method since I moved into my house in December. Sparkling clear water from day 1.

Only issue I have with my pool (so far) is its missing a few coping clips, the clips that cover where the two pieces of coping meet. I have an older vinyl liner pool with the aluminum coping and I just can't seem to find a place to get these clips. Any one know a place???
    44,000 gallon IG vinyl liner pool. 1.5 hp single speed motor on E Z flow pump/sand filter. Unknown age of pool, Kreepy krauly vacuum, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New guy from Louisiana

Can you post a pic of the clips and the coping you have? Believe it or not, there are several different shapes of aluminum coping.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

sure will let me get one....
    44,000 gallon IG vinyl liner pool. 1.5 hp single speed motor on E Z flow pump/sand filter. Unknown age of pool, Kreepy krauly vacuum, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm at work so I couldn't get pictures of my pool, but these I found online and are similar. I think its refered to as "bullnose coping"

5. Back To Top    #5

It's an idea but you could try and find a piece of PVC pipe the same size inside diameter and cut it the same width as the clip. Then cut a section out of it horizontally so you can snap it on the coping. It might be a little thicker than the aluminum but it would do the job.

Welcome to the forum fellow Lousisianian!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks, and that's a pretty good idea. thanks! PS whats your water like? 76 here, swam today a tad cold!

7. Back To Top    #7

Great looking pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

We are at around 78. Not quite ready yet. We hit 84 two weeks ago before all the rain. Had too much going on to swim.
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

9. Back To Top    #9

Hey, welcome to TFP!

Seems we are getting more and more from LA all the time. Good to have you with us. Enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerGuyInNOLA View Post
    We are at around 78. Not quite ready yet. We hit 84 two weeks ago before all the rain. Had too much going on to swim.
    I wish my pool was at 78! I'd be swimming!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Casey, maybe I am just getting old but I have to be at least at 82 to swim. My wife wants it at 86. I hate waiting for those
    last few degrees!

12. Back To Top    #12

I'm old with you, 85 min and 87 preferred by me and wife.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

Up to 80 today!!

14. Back To Top    #14

We hit 84 yesterday. Spent all day in the pool. I was so excited to swim I forgot to put sunscreen on. I will pay for that.

15. Back To Top    #15

I have a beginner question I can't seem to find an answer to..... When do you SLAM? I understand when you see algae, cloudy water, or CC over .5. but what if your water is crystal clear, with 0 CC, but using a high amount of chlorine daily. Right now i'm good, i'm only burning approx. 1 ppm daily, but if that goes up will something else change to indicate a SLAM is needed?

Also, Louisiana People, with our weather with a CYA of 50 how much on average should I be losing a day before I get worried?