Hayward Ecommand 4 Replacement?

Thump4863

May 13, 2014
Oklahoma City
Hello,

I have a Hayward Ecommand 4 that controls my lights, pump, and booster pump for my pool cleaner. It is about 5 years old. When I opened my pool I noticed it wasn't keeping up with the time correctly. After speaking with Hayward the only way to correct this is to replace the board which costs around $400. I just bought a new display panel for it last summer for $200.

My question is should I just pay the $400 or are there any cheaper timer alternatives that will last longer out there? Everything works fine manually on it, but obviously the timers won't work without a clock that keeps time.

Thanks for your help!

I am having the same problem with the Hayward Ecommand 4 running a slow clock. The unit is about 3 years old and is otherwise working normally. I note that sometimes it keeps time correctly, then other times will run very slowly. Did you find a fix other than replace the board? If so, was that hard to do yourself or did you hire someone? Have you heard of others who have had the same problem?

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.