Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Ecommand 4 Replacement?

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Ecommand 4 Replacement?

Hello,

I have a Hayward Ecommand 4 that controls my lights, pump, and booster pump for my pool cleaner. It is about 5 years old. When I opened my pool I noticed it wasn't keeping up with the time correctly. After speaking with Hayward the only way to correct this is to replace the board which costs around $400. I just bought a new display panel for it last summer for $200.

My question is should I just pay the $400 or are there any cheaper timer alternatives that will last longer out there? Everything works fine manually on it, but obviously the timers won't work without a clock that keeps time.

Thanks for your help!
    25,000 gallon Gunite in ground pool built in 2010. Hayward Tristar 1hp pump, Hayward Smartfilter 550 cartridge filter with 4 Pleatco PA-137 filters(replaced 2014), Nature 2 Fusion in ground(only used for when out of town now that I've switched to bleach), and a Polaris PB4-60Q booster pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Ecommand 4 Replacement?

I am having the same problem with the Hayward Ecommand 4 running a slow clock. The unit is about 3 years old and is otherwise working normally. I note that sometimes it keeps time correctly, then other times will run very slowly. Did you find a fix other than replace the board? If so, was that hard to do yourself or did you hire someone? Have you heard of others who have had the same problem?

Thanks!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Ecommand 4 Replacement?

I ended up buying a new board. It was around $400. Installing it very simple so don't pay anyone to do it. Unplug a few cables and unbolt it. Then do the opposite. Took around 5 minutes to do.
    25,000 gallon Gunite in ground pool built in 2010. Hayward Tristar 1hp pump, Hayward Smartfilter 550 cartridge filter with 4 Pleatco PA-137 filters(replaced 2014), Nature 2 Fusion in ground(only used for when out of town now that I've switched to bleach), and a Polaris PB4-60Q booster pump.