Hydrastic Value

Apr 17, 2015
Hamilton Square
I have an 18.5 by 36.5 in ground pool with a fermicalite base. I have unground water problems where the water at times can move my liner. The pool company recommended installing two hydrastic values in the low end. Values with sit in 18" by 18" inch basin (would have to cut the base of the pool) and when basin filled up the water would be dispersed into the pool. Can you install in existing pool and do they work? The other solutions was installing a sump pump underground in the low end and have a vent in the wall so when the water got between the liner and pool wall the sump pump would then pump out all the water

Thnks

Welcome to TFP!

If it is possible in your location, the best solution is to build drains that drain local ground water to somewhere else. However there has to be someone nearby that is lower to drain the water to.

Hydrostatic valves will protect gunite and fiberglass pools from damage, but not vinyl. They do that well, but let ground water into the pool, which tends to be fairly annoying.

Sump pumps require electricity to work, and tend to cost more. They are far from an ideal solution, but sometimes they are the only workable choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.