cheap, walmart "easy pour" the reason my pool is so cloudy?

cnshough

In The Industry
Jul 3, 2013
Ive literally been slamming my pool for almost 3 weeks now. The 2nd week, i unknowingly put about 15 gallons of the easy pour great value brand bleach in the pool over the course of a few days. After a day or so i had a bunch of foam on the surface and in the skimmer. Thats when i realized i had gotten the cheap stuff. Last week i made sure to get the regular stuff, but after about 6 days,its still not clear and im about to give up before the season even starts!

Been running my pump 24/7 for over a month now.

Fc 10.5 i know thats not slam level, but im not putting any more $ in until i know whats going on.
Cc .5
Alk 80
Cya 30
Ph 7.2
I can barely see the shallow floor now. Its been that way for a couple days with little to no improvement.

The pool store said it may be pollen. I have about 8 pine trees that border my property that dump alot of pollen, im sure.

Not sure what happened to my signature, buti have a 20000 gal vinyl liner in ground, with a hayward sand filter and 1hp hayward 1 speed pump

I believe easy pour has some sort of thickener in it...and that is a problem. I don't know if it will cause the cloudiness, or if there's a known fix. others will chime in shortly.

+1 to Rere's comment. Dropping below SLAM level is a bad idea.

You absolutely need to stick with the SLAM until the 3 objectives are met.

I would suck try to remove as much foam as you can so it doesn't drive you nuts looking at it. I recently had trouble passing the OCLT because of an ammonia problem and I noticed holding FC at 12-15 was the trick. The days it was 10-12 I didn't see any results on the OCLT. Maybe it is by chance that I saw quick results with FC was 15 early on and then finally passed the OCLT when it was 15, but it worked for me.

I would suck try to remove as much foam as you can so it doesn't drive you nuts looking at it. I recently had trouble passing the OCLT because of an ammonia problem and I noticed holding FC at 12-15 was the trick. The days it was 10-12 I didn't see any results on the OCLT. Maybe it is by chance that I saw quick results with FC was 15 early on and then finally passed the OCLT when it was 15, but it worked for me.

Can you expand on this? I'm struggling with OCLT too.

Swirly is right. The Key to any SLAM, or Ammonia issue is sustaining a high enough FC to kill Algae, or break down Ammonia. When the FC level falls just a little below the value required, you lose ground. It really is no more complicated than that. Get it there and hold it there. It works.

Re: cheap, walmart "easy pour" the reason my pool is so cloudy?

can you tell me what OCLT stands for?

- - - Updated - - -

can you tell me what OCLT stands for?

- - - Updated - - -

Answered my own question- just never saw it listed that way

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.