Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool remodel demo....HELP!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool remodel demo....HELP!!

Demo started yesterday of removing the fiberglass overlay from the IG Gunite. I got back and there's a 1'x1'x1' hole approximately 4-6' up from the main drain. What is this? This is my first pool remodel and the PB hasn't told me what the steps will be for demo. Is this a "vent" for hydrostatic pressure? We are getting rid of the fiberglass overlay, redoing the coping and tile and having Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue. Any advice or insight is GREATLY appreciated.
    approx. 18k gal, IG gunite w/ fiberglass overlay, Polaris 280, Centurion 1hp/1.65 sf pump, AO Smith 3/4 hp/ 1.50 sf booster pump, Mytilus FMY-150 cartridge filter. Pool remodel has started and will be upgrading to Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE Filter, LED multicolor or white light, and Pentair Intelliflo VS pump. Pool automation and solar heat automation to come later.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool remodel demo....HELP!!

I'm not sure if it's for hydrostatic relief or not but it very well could be. You should ask your builder what and why as he'd have all of your answers. Good luck n post pics! We'd love to watch!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I'm not sure if it's for hydrostatic relief or not but it very well could be. You should ask your builder what and why as he'd have all of your answers. Good luck n post pics! We'd love to watch!
    Will do Casey. I took a bunch of pics as it was draining and as they were ripping out the fiberglass overlay today.
    approx. 18k gal, IG gunite w/ fiberglass overlay, Polaris 280, Centurion 1hp/1.65 sf pump, AO Smith 3/4 hp/ 1.50 sf booster pump, Mytilus FMY-150 cartridge filter. Pool remodel has started and will be upgrading to Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE Filter, LED multicolor or white light, and Pentair Intelliflo VS pump. Pool automation and solar heat automation to come later.

4. Back To Top    #4

Looking forward to seeing them.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter