What parts do I need?

You need to purchase a skimmer box and plumbing to plumb it to your pump/filter. You can find a slew of modifications in the above ground forum.

Welcome to TFP.

I have an intex and when I want to vacuum I just pull the skimmer hose from the intake (reach into water and pull it off) and stick my vacuum hose in the intake instead.
The suction from the pump holds it in so I've never bothered to make any special connections.

I just have a regular vacuum hose and pole I got at walmart and a triangle shaped vacuum head from Lowes.

When I'm done vacuuming I just remove the hose and hook the skimmer back up.

I have changed out my intake/outlet to regular 1.5 " Hayward fittings and I just have my skimmer hose stuck in there like I do with the vacuum but even when I had the intex fittings I still vacuumed this way. The only difference was with the intex fitting I would unscrew the hose fitting that the skimmer hose was attached to so I had access to the larger opening to stick the vacuum hose in.

Not "official" but it's simple and it works!

That looks like the piece that connected my skimmer hose to the intake when I still had the intex fittings. I don't know if they've changed the sizes on them but the one I had only worked with the skimmer hose. That is why I unscrewed that piece from the intake when I vacuumed. The vacuum hose would not fit over the intex piece.

I know the ultra pools are slightly different than mine so hopefully it will work for you.

Just a heads up... Intex pieces rarely fit anything else in the universe.

Let us know how it goes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.