Need ideas/advice on a pool in WA.

octanefam

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 11, 2015
Puyallup, WA
OK we are new to the pool world so need some help. So we are putting up a 20 x 10 Intex that will be of course temporary due to our weather. First step of course is leveling out the area but the big question is what we do with the pool area during the 7-8 months that it's In the garage? I don't want a giant mud hole:) Thought about after the pool is taken down this fall to install a paver patio? Since the area will be leveled already installing a paver patio will be fairly easy. Anyone have some other ideas?

Thank you,

Personally, I'd winterize it n leave it up all year.

I am in Chicago (we have some brutal cold winters and quite a bit of snow). I left it up this past winter and it seems fine. I had at least a foot of ice in it.

I would winterize (which is basically draining the water to below the lowest inlet and making sure no water is in the lines. i also moved my pump into the basement. I left the sand filter and the heater outside.

I took it down the first winter but I hear alot about people having issues with the liner after having stored them so I figured I would leave up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.