Worried about fire

Sep 3, 2011
At the last minute my wife said she wants my kamado joe in our outdoor bar. It's framed with wood will have concrete counter ontop plywood base. In the cabinet can I use cedar around inside of cabinet or do I need to use something else? I'm worried about the heat not so much sparks. And thoughts would be great
b92b37088938d90a2b273e2d87a7a884.jpg
b4a67346fd5f54c253b5c974a086ec69.jpg
2fec001d95dccfe7db19120fbfc1cb58.jpg

Jeeper

Is it a ceramic one or a metal one? I've seen some metal ones recently which i would be leery about. But, a ceramic smoker should be fine. I agree that the outside of Primo doesn't get that hot either. +1 on HEAVY!

Agreed, that is not how the airflow goes, air goes in the bottom and out the top. So, if there is an ember to be had theoretically it will come out the top. But, if you don't let the coals cool fully you could pull some hot coals out with the cleaning tool. I've seen people put a piece of sheet metal in front of the lower vent on the primo forum.

If the worry is when removing ash. Lazy pays here. Just wait. If you don't want to wait you could just have a piece of HD foil or aluminum that you put then when you remove the ash. Personally I find that the removal tool is very messy. I use it to scoop the ash to the front then use a small dry vac to suck it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.