Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone Tried This LED Pool Light?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone Tried This LED Pool Light?

I'm looking at this one right now, the HP20LED http://ledpoollights.net/index.html

Anyone tried one of these yet?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone Tried This LED Pool Light?

Welcome to TFP,

I sent you a message regarding your question, and moved it here. You'll get more answers posting your own thread. Good luck, and enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Interesting, so it is a cheap way to change to LED without changing out the light hardware. I wonder how well it works.

4. Back To Top    #4

Looks similar to the ColorSplash that I installed. Easy upgrade.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Last year I replaced my pool lights with bulbs from this company, but were HP16LED, a slightly smaller version of the one you're looking at. I don't see the ones I used on the website, but the bulbs have worked perfectly. I wouldn't have a problem recommending the bulbs or this supplier. Let me know if you have specific questions...

I replaced color changing LEDs that went bad after about 5 years, but found after the novelty wore off, I left them on white almost all the time.
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

6. Back To Top    #6

haven't tried these..i have GLOBRITE by pentair...love them
    Cindy Bode
    Street, Maryland
    2014 Built 20x38 Gunite Pool with
    Diamond Brite Finish
    Salt Water

7. Back To Top    #7

I actually put in an LED light I bought from Home Depot a year ago. I think it is 75 or 90 watt equivalent. Still works great. It's not as bright as the original 400 watt light but I like it better.
    28,000 gallon salt water pool
    DE Filter
    Inground plaster construction
    1-1/4 hp pump with 1hp booster pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Sadly, I guess I must modify my response above. One of my two bulbs has failed, and ledpoollights.net has been completely unresponsive to my emails, and never answer their phone. Anybody have any idea how I might get a response? Lights were paid via paypal almost a year ago...
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

9. Back To Top    #9

no-mas... I placed an order with them (ledpoollights.net) a week ago. No order confirmation, no response to emails, no response to phone message. Not cool...

Rob

10. Back To Top    #10

You all might want to try again Monday. Some small businesses close for holiday weeks.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

11. Back To Top    #11

Good thinking, JohnT. Thank you. I'll do that.

Rob

12. Back To Top    #12

Hey robcat, any luck? None here...

13. Back To Top    #13

No luck at all, no-mas. I ended up filing a Paypal claim and they haven't even responded to that. I don't get it. Anyway...in the mean time I ordered two Aqua Brite's from Home Depot. At least I know where they're coming from...and that they ARE coming! lol I'll post some before and after pics next week.

Rob

14. Back To Top    #14

Well, no-mas... I got refunded today through Paypal, so we know someone is there. Saw a review on Amazon today with a no response complaint. Any luck for you?

Rob

15. Back To Top    #15

Thanks for the update Rob. No luck, but I haven't tried that hard; good to know you got results through paypal.

16. Back To Top    #16

Well..I wish you luck with that, no-mas. It's a shame people think it's ok to run a business that way. I'm glad I'm out of it! Anyway, I didn't get a before and after, but I did get a 50/50. Aqua Brite 22w LED in the deep end, 300w incandescent in the shallow. I'm very happy with them! Plenty bright and much better color! On a side note, I don't claim to be a photographer!!! IMG_1280.jpgIMG_1268.jpg

17. Back To Top    #17

Thanks for all the replies. As an update, I went with this LED bulb instead:

Amazon.com : Bulbwizards Poolbright Color Changing Led Pool Bulb 120 Volt--Made in the USA! : Swimming Pool Underwater Decorative Lights : Patio, Lawn Garden

They were very responsive in answering questions, USA company, and 3-year warranty seemed like a better bet. Just got it installed yesterday and turned it on. Works great in my 15,000 pool and the nice thing is it retains the color setting that you last set it to.