D.E. Filter PSI Guage 0-30 PSI Glycerin-filled - Question

Scoop

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 13, 2012
Dallas, TX
I bought the PSI Gauge at TFTestkits.net and installed it. It's working great but I have a question about a sticker that's on the Gauge referencing a pressure bleed cap to use it if the PSI reading is inaccurate.

How often, if at all, is it necessary to bleed off any internal pressure build-up with this valve?

Thanks for the info. I didn't see instructions with my Gauge mentioning the tip/cut. Perhaps they're shipping now without that info included.

When I first looked at the Gauge before installing it, I removed the cap momentarily but when Glycerin began to flow out from the bleed port, I re-installed the cap quickly.

You should only open that "equalizer" when your OFF pressure is something other than zero. Loss of some of the glycerin is no big deal but it sure is "slick" feeling. Do not cut the tip.....why the manufacturer put that on some of them is beyond me nor could the distributor answer it for me. No real harm in doing so but there is no real point, either.

If you don't cut the tip off, you should actually vent every time you read the gauge. Large swings in air temperature can result in fairly large changes in PSI (1-2). Most of the time when I vent the gauge, it changes by almost 1 PSI.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.