New Liner Problem

TikiP

Sep 26, 2014
Clarksville, Tn
We are building a new inground vinyl liner pool. 18x36 freeform with liner over stairs. We were happy to finally be getting our liner installed yesterday after a problematic and looonnnggg build due to builder problems. :grrrr: Thats a whole other story. Yesterday afternoon I get a call from installer that liner was all in but the stairs section was cut wrong by manufacturer and liner dont fit. My 1st thought was he measured it wrong. But he sent me the measurements he sent them and the sheet they sent with the liner showing what the liner was supposed to be. Their build sheet matched what it was "supposed" to be, but the liner did not match. Basically from coping track to 1st step was supposed to be 8" rise and they made it at 12", so none of them fit. Builder said he'd have them send a new one and leave this one in until we got it so bottom wouldnt get messed up. Great. Then today I get a call from factory guy saying they want us to send them that liner back and they will "fix it". Cut out stairs section and replace with correct. I said that's not an option. I paid for a correct liner and not one cut and pasted after being installed/removed/cut/reinstalled etc. My thought is it would never be right from all the handling. It rained overnight and there's 6" of water in the deep end this morning. Also it would entail leaving the bottom exposed for a week or 2 until new liner came and probably require bottom repairs. I told them I want a new correctly made liner and after I get it we will return the bad one. They say "it will be fine to repair this one, warranty", blah blah. I said do it like I said or just send my money and I'll get liner from someone else. This one is YOUR MISTAKE! They said we'll call you back.
So...am I correct in my thinking that it'll never be right if they "fix it"? Builder agrees with me. Or am I being unreasonable.

May I ask you how you think your liner was made to specifics,in the first place minus the discrepancy? These guys cut n paste (your words) liners all day long for pool builders n owners. They can do it if you let them n you'll never know there was an issue with the liner unless you talk about it.

I realize thats how it was originally made. But its been installed, rained in, would have to be removed and sent to be cut and glued for repair, then repackaged and back to me. I see it as too many moving parts in that equation for it to last like if there had never been a mistake made. I paid for a custom made new liner. Not a remanufactured one. Plus the bottom would be left exposed, and no doubt with all the spring rain would get damaged and have to be redone.
But its moot because they just called and agreed to send a new liner and to leave this one in until I get it. Still not going to reimburse for double labor for builder but oh well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.