Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Anyone using the new Intex 3000gph sand filter?

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone using the new Intex 3000gph sand filter?

I want to replace my old 1600 since I went from an 18' to 22' pool. I've found it for as low as $179 which is a pretty good deal. I was also thinking of rigging up 2 2500gph cartridge filters together but the sand filter is less complicated.
    1) 7500 Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool / 800 Gallon Gunite Spa
    2) EasyTouch 8 Automation / IC20 Intellichlor
    3) Intelliflo VS Pump for pool and water features - Cartridge and DE Filter / 2 Speed Pentair Pump for Spa and Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone using the new Intex 3000gph sand filter?

I have seen a number of good reviews here for the Intex sand filter. It seems that the Intex sand filter is quite a bit better than the Intex cartridge filter. I have had Intex cartridge filters in the past and I wasn't a fan. Never tried the sand filter.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm thinking of ordering that one for my small 4600 gallon pool. Hopefully someone will chime in here with their review.
    NEW POOL : 9 x 18, 48" deep - Bestway brand, 1 HP Intex 3200 Pump/Sand Filter Combo, Wanda the Whale, Hayward through wall skimmer (still in box)
    OLD POOL 5,100 Gallons, 9 x 19 used Splash a Round, Intex SWG, 1.5 HP Hayward Power Flow LX pump, Pentair Clean and Clear 150 sq. ft. filter, hard plumbed, Wanda the Whale,

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a intex 2650 sand filter on my pool and it works great it moves a ton more water then the cartridge type filters and it less hassle. I got mine on Amazon for a good price about three years ago
    Intex 12 by 24, Intex 2600 sand filter (soon to upgrade), deck under construction

5. Back To Top    #5

Just to add my pool is hard plumbed with 2 in pvc and pvc flex
    Intex 12 by 24, Intex 2600 sand filter (soon to upgrade), deck under construction

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by florentino View Post
    Just to add my pool is hard plumbed with 2 in pvc and pvc flex
    I'm mostly concerned about getting a pump that has enough suction for vacuuming that wont break the bank. My 1600 sand filter doesn't.
    1) 7500 Gallon Free Form Gunite Pool / 800 Gallon Gunite Spa
    2) EasyTouch 8 Automation / IC20 Intellichlor
    3) Intelliflo VS Pump for pool and water features - Cartridge and DE Filter / 2 Speed Pentair Pump for Spa and Cartridge Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

It has good suction but when I would used it to vacuum I would have to back wash often now I just use a pool rover and it does a great job at picking up everything

8. Back To Top    #8

I have the 2650 sand filter connected to the Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump on my 5300 gallon pool. This setup is s match made in heaven. I have had the sand filter for over two years and the only problem is the gasket started to act up so I opened the top of the valve and lubed it, which took less than five minutes. No more issues. The filter has been connected to the Hayward for over a year. On the other hand, the pump that came with the 2650, although it did the job, it did not last long. Those pumps do not last long.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).

9. Back To Top    #9

I had the 2650 for the past 2 years until the pump got fried by a nearby lightning strike, ordered the 3000gph replacement filter for less than a new pump would have been from intex and just swapped the pump in. Both have enough capacity for vacuuming, but both also have a problem ingesting pine needles, they tend to jam up in the impeller blades and you lose all suction. Not difficult to fix, but annoying anyway.
    8638 gallon 20'x52" Intex ultra frame round AG. 2650 gph Intex Sand Filter. Intex krystal Klear SWG. (newer model that includes copper ion generation) Hayward 1091LX skimmer, Kreepy Krauly lil shark. Taylor K-2006 w/speed stir and sample sizer. New this year, Intex PureSpa - dichlor-> bleach method for sanitizing.
    New pool, 16'x36' (approx 18000 gal) in ground pool, Haywood DE filter