Apr 16, 2015
Marion, AR
Hello everyone. New member here looking for some info. I am about to purchase a 26' intex AGP. I was wondering if a 3000gph sand pump would be enough to circulate this size pool or is a larger pump needed? Thanks for any help and I will be posting pictures as I build.

Welcome to the forum Joe!

Sorry no one's answered you yet. Odd, but it is getting busy around here early this year.

I would go with a bigger on one on that 26' pool. Intex makes a 16" model and if it was my setup, I would choose that one at least. It says it's rated for 21K gallons, but that will give you what you need, plus a little. Their 14" model is rated for about 13K gallons, which is a little shy. Good luck, and enjoy the forum!

Welcome to the forum Joe!

Sorry no one's answered you yet. Odd, but it is getting busy around here early this year.

I would go with a bigger on one on that 26' pool. Intex makes a 16" model and if it was my setup, I would choose that one at least. It says it's rated for 21K gallons, but that will give you what you need, plus a little. Their 14" model is rated for about 13K gallons, which is a little shy. Good luck, and enjoy the forum!

Thanks Patrick for the reply. I may be wrong but I thought the 3000GPH was a 16" model. Am I wrong? Thanks.

Ok, and don't mention it!

We love helping for as long as you are willing to learn. I cannot recommend strongly enough that you get a good test kit, and hit the ABCs in pool school. Ask for help with any of it as much as you need too. Very important, and it will make your pool life a pleasure instead of a chore. That I promise.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I started the pool yesterday and got it up. About to start the water input this morning and adding salt. Should I add salt as the water level rises or wait until the pool is at level first? Also how much sand should I have for a 16" Intex sand filter. Also how do I add pics to my thread?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.