Vacanza Series Borate/Epsom Salt questions

Mar 18, 2012
Lewisville, Texas
I have a Vacanza Series spa and e-mailed the manufacturer e-mail that's in the owners manual asking if I could use Borate/Epsom salt and how much if so. They said if its not in the manual that it would void the warranty. Is there really any way for them to tell if I make sure its drained before any calls if I had an issue? How likely is it that borate or epsom salt would cause a problem if I kept the amounts to certain levels?

The way I read it is you only have to add Borate up to 50 ppm and than add again after a drain a refill as the level should stay pretty high as there isn't much from water loss due to people getting out. The same would be true for Epsom salt...add to a certain level and than don't add more till a refill. I know salt can corrode, but as long as the chemistry is good it shouldn't be a problem.

Also if model number matters..I'm not sure where to find that information so if someone can tell me where to find it. I saw nothing in the manual about specific model.

Thanks

Borate usage in the past will be undetectable once the water is replaced. Borates shouldn't have any affect on the spa at all.

Epsom salt doesn't normally cause any issues, but has been known to accelerate corrosion. If that happens (unlikely) they would know that some kind of salt was used even after you replaced water due to the type of corrosion.

Does anyone know anything about the fragrance/moisturizers added to the product

http://www.proteampoolcare.com/index.php/products/spa/gentle-spa/

I e-mailed them but figured I might be able to get an answer quicker from here possibly. I think I'm a bit sensitive to scents as many times I've gotten headaches from people spraying stuff to try out in my Walgreens and I wasn't even right by them.

Also moisturizers are probably fine but I'm curious about what exactly they use. They don't give any information...guess its some "proprietary" ********. I hate not knowing what goes into stuff as it can cause problems sometimes.

If anyone knows anything would love to hear about it. Thanks

Also I'm confused as which spa I have. My brother bought it and he doesn't know lol. I included what it said on the tag in my signature....Marino is 360 gallons while Vanto is 375..I guess that's not enough to make a big difference in adding Borate or whatever, but I'm still curious because it has two different models listed.

Its not important enough to call...I know I'm weird I absolutely hate phones and try to avoid them as much as possible. Anyway thanks for any information if anyone knows.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.