Help On Removing Salt Deposits From Brick Coping

bxcrwlly

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 3, 2012
Central Florida
Looking for suggestions on techniques and products that will remove salt deposits from our brick coping. I've read articles indicating power washing could force salt residue deeper into the brick, so not sure that's a great idea. I see that some folks have tried non-diluted MA. Want to make sure that the cure doesn't worsen the problem or damage the coping. More importantly, the coping has a "bull nose" design and extends over the water. Obviously I don't want to put any non-essential product into the water. Pool is 4 years old.

The traditional solution is to use diluted muriatic acid (one part acid added to four parts of water, assuming 31.45% muriatic acid), rinsing, and a scrubby. You can also use white vinegar, which is much easier to work with, but works more slowly and takes more effort.

If that is too slow, or the deposits are very heavy, you can also use a bead blaster, which will get the deposits off very quickly. Of course renting or purchasing a bead blaster makes this something of a project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.