Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is my Intellichlor IC40 a Goner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is my Intellichlor IC40 a Goner?

New to this site looks very helpful. Question....The "CELL" light is completely off not lit. All other lights are green and not flashing. I have cleaned it and the light is still off. The cell is the second one i have over my pool life. It was built in '06. The first cell was still under warranty when it was replaced and this one we had for about 7 or 8 years. I heard these have a life span for about 5 years so i should count myself lucky. So, anyone experience this? is there anything else I should try? or is it a goner?

Thanks for your help

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Is my Intellichlor IC40 a Goner?

That's a pretty good life for a cell. What's your water temp? If you boost the system does the light come on?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Poolguy1 View Post
    That's a pretty good life for a cell. What's your water temp? If you boost the system does the light come on?
    Right now it is about 65-70 degrees. How do you boost? i have the pool remote (Easy Touch) that i use to up the percentage right now it is at 100%

4. Back To Top    #4

It sounds like its a goner. And if I even get 5 out of my IC40, much less 7, I will be very happy.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    It sounds like its a goner. And if I even get 5 out of my IC40, much less 7, I will be very happy.
    Yeah thats what i thought. Time to break out some $$$ for a new one. This time i am also going to purchase the by-pass tube so i can remove the cell during the winter