How many LED lights and where should we put them?

Dec 22, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Trying to figure out if our size pool (16x34...really 16x29 when you remove the sunshelf area) will need 1 or 2 LED lights? Any suggestions on where we should put them? Attached is the pool layout I made in paint (so it is definitely not to scale!). We want to avoid putting the light(s) on the wall in the deep end since that will face the house.

We are also debating doing LED bubblers...any thoughts on those? Or would maybe a smaller step light work for the sunshelf? Or should we not even worry about lighting the sunshelf? Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• TFP Pic.jpg
    TFP Pic.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 87
If you want your pool really lit up, then I would recommend 2. But I would put them on a long wall. 1/3 distance from each end. I thing that would spread the light about as evenly as you can. Lights Facing away from the house/ gathering area.
If you did that, then the one nearest the sunshelf would light it and the steps up a bit too.

If you put one each side of the steps, the there will be a big difference in brightness between the shallow and deep end. Especially with the longer color wavelengths, like red and purple.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.