Installing Hayward sp1091lx skimmer on Intex 26" agp

Apr 15, 2015
Rockvale tn
Hi guys new to the forum here. Seems like there is a wealth of info on this site. A lot of helpful people here as well from what I can see. Thanks for having me. Well on to my question , I order the Hayward sp1091lx skimmer from Amazon cause my boss did the modification on his Intex pool and he said it's working great. I never liked the over the wall skimmer so I bought one too. Now my question is do I need to drain the water down under the intake level and trace the cutout and cut the vinyl or do I need to cut the gasket in half and mount the skimmer then cut the vinyl? My boss couldn't remember how he did his and I have looked everywhere trying to find a solid answer . I would think that either way would work but I just want some advice from the pros. Thanks in advance

Re: Installing Hayward sp1091lx skimmer on Intex 26" agp

You are correct, either way will work. I chose to drain mine because I did not want to split the gasket and risk ruining it. But plenty of folks have done it the other way without any problem.

The details of my install, along with some pictures, are in this thread: http://www.troublefreepool.com/showthread.php?t=73741

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.