Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Installing Hayward sp1091lx skimmer on Intex 26" agp

1. Back To Top    #1

Rockvale tn

Installing Hayward sp1091lx skimmer on Intex 26" agp

Hi guys new to the forum here. Seems like there is a wealth of info on this site. A lot of helpful people here as well from what I can see. Thanks for having me. Well on to my question , I order the Hayward sp1091lx skimmer from Amazon cause my boss did the modification on his Intex pool and he said it's working great. I never liked the over the wall skimmer so I bought one too. Now my question is do I need to drain the water down under the intake level and trace the cutout and cut the vinyl or do I need to cut the gasket in half and mount the skimmer then cut the vinyl? My boss couldn't remember how he did his and I have looked everywhere trying to find a solid answer . I would think that either way would work but I just want some advice from the pros. Thanks in advance

2. Back To Top    #2
    Edmond OK

Re: Installing Hayward sp1091lx skimmer on Intex 26" agp

You are correct, either way will work. I chose to drain mine because I did not want to split the gasket and risk ruining it. But plenty of folks have done it the other way without any problem.

The details of my install, along with some pictures, are in this thread:
    6000 gal Intex 16'x48" Ultra frame AG
    Splapool 4500 GPH 1 hp pump w/19" sand filter
    Intex Krystalclear SWG EC8110
    Hayward Dyna-skim
    Intex Auto Robot "Wally"

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Re: Installing Hayward sp1091lx skimmer on Intex 26" agp

Welcome to the forum Bkrieger
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!