Apr 15, 2015
Bastrop, Texas
Newbie here. Bought a house with a chlorine pool and had it converted to salt water. Don't know if it was a wise decision. Doing my best to learn how to take care of it. Can anybody reccomend a good test kit? I would like to be able to test and adjust the various levels myself. The pool service people are not very forthcoming with information.

Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day!

Hi Keeter,
Welcome to TFP!

Absolutely we can recommend a good test kit. You absolutely need one to take care of your pool yourself.
most of us here on TFP get the TF100 test kit. Available only online at www.tftestkit.net
Also, the Taylor K2006 is an excellent kit, available at tftest kits site as well as other places online.

Of the 2 choices, the TF100 is by far, the best bang for the buck.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

With a good test kit and a little reading of the links provided above, you should quickly realize how easy it is to maintain a pool.

And of course ask questions as they come up.

Thanks Dave! I am just now seeing these posts. I got the Taylor 2006 kit.

Hi Keeter,
Welcome to TFP!

Absolutely we can recommend a good test kit. You absolutely need one to take care of your pool yourself.
most of us here on TFP get the TF100 test kit. Available only online at www.tftestkit.net
Also, the Taylor K2006 is an excellent kit, available at tftest kits site as well as other places online.

Of the 2 choices, the TF100 is by far, the best bang for the buck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support