Putting in pool with outdoor kitchen - a few questions

Mar 22, 2015
League City, TX
Hey y'all--

I'm still new to this so bare with me. I am in the process of finding a builder for my pool/outdoor kitchen here in the Houston area. I have only about a million questions that I thought maybe some of your might have some answers, but I will confine it two big ones.

1) Is it important to find a pool builder that will also construct my outdoor kitchen/patio? Or should I just find the best pool builder I can, the best outdoor kitchen/patio builder, and then try and get the two of them to coordinate together to build the whole thing? This may be a stupid question, but it's one that has bugged me for a while.

2) On a different note---my backyard (and the sides of the house) has some rain drainage problems. I'm pretty sure it's because I only have gutters on the front of our two story house. I will be adding gutters to the back of the house and possibly the sides during this construction process. My question is can you tie in the water that come down from the gutters into your sewer lines or some return lines from the pool? I apologize for being so ignorant on these subjects, but at least I am trying to educate myself before finding a contractor.

Thank you so much for your answers and help!

Question #2 - Yes the PB should be able to tie in one of your gutters to a drainage line. They will do this in the decking portion of the build. IF you click the link in signatur page you can see where and how they tied mine in. Hope this helps.

rodog--Thank you so much for the reply. You have an awesome pool! I will have to put Premier Pools on my list of potential PBs.

I found your pics of your gutter downspout. So they tied it into the drainage line for your decking. Where does that drainage line go?

It drains to the side of my house. I should have had them run a trench and continue the pipe line to the street. We have good drainage in the back yard as our house is fairly new construction but I have noticed it soggy in some parts after a big rain. Not too worried as the dirt is basically clay here and water is quickly absorbed.

Definitely negotiate it in the contract that you want water to drain to the street. I will be paying a landscaping company to extend my line to the street over the summer.

Let me know if you consider signing a contract with Premier I believe the give a $200 referral fee. I will split it with you.

Out of all the PB we interviewed they offered the best bang for the buck.

If you have any questions please feel free to IM me.

on #1, That's going to be purely subjective. I would try to get a PB that would do it all. for one simple reason, It's one less person you have to yell at. :D

If you don't mind dealing with several contractors, then you may be able to get a better deal by separating the two. It all depends on how high your patience level is. I'm told the workers in your 1/2 the state are less irritating than the workers near me. Best of luck either way!

rodog - Thanks for the reply. That sounds like a good idea. I don't want to have to deal with later and running a drain out to the street is a great fix.

I will definitely let you know about Premier. I really liked your build thread and they seem like a good company.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

mrcarcrazy - I think I would be able to handle several contractors if necessary. I really just want it done correctly and done at a good price. So if going with a PB and a separate outdoor kitchen contractor achieves that I guess I am willing to risk the headache of dealing with them. But if someone there has had to deal with and recommends against, then I'm happy to listen. I am trying to educate myself as best I can before I can no longer keep the wife at bay with her demands of "build me a pool right now."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.