Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter guage stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter guage stuck

The guage on the sand filter has the needle stuck behind the stop pin. I don't know how this happened, I assume during the winter. Do I just replace the guage?
    Vicki
    33x18 Oval shaped AG pool, about 12,000ish gal
    1.5 Hayward Power-Flo LX pump
    Dream Line high rate sand filter
    Also 375 gal Baja 7 person spa w/cartridge filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filter guage stuck

Yep. Odds are, the insides froze and it went all the way around to end up behind the stop. It's ruined. Replace it. http://tftestkits.net/Untitled-Category-c12/ has good ones. If you need any test refills, order them at the same time and save shipping.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's exactly what happened to mine. Take it apart and see how they work. You'll be amazed, and completely understand what happened to it.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

I assume it's okay to continue to use until I get the new guage put on? I just won't be able to read pressure?
    Vicki
    33x18 Oval shaped AG pool, about 12,000ish gal
    1.5 Hayward Power-Flo LX pump
    Dream Line high rate sand filter
    Also 375 gal Baja 7 person spa w/cartridge filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Correct you can run it but won't know the pressure. Get it fixed sooner is better.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida