AGP Column support.

kris77

May 27, 2014
Clarksburg, WV
I have a question. This happened to my pool over the winter. The base that sits on the block broke and cause the column to separate.

The pool place is looking at the same pic you are right now. Its less than a year old and they are talking about maybe charging me to fix it.
IF they screw me and make me fix it myself, what is the best way to go about it?

The track sits on the base that is broken and the wall is in the track....Is it possible to dig under the block and remove it and try to fix it that way? Or is this going to be a complete drain and then fix it type of problem?

View attachment 35375

You're never going to dig that out. If you do, your pool is going to sag n dip. You also run a huge risk of puncturing the liner. If you're replacing the boot that attaches the post to the track, that's a complete tear down. That's a lot of work.

It's just one column, but its less than a year old.

And that block is BARELY under the support. And i have the foam cove and happy bottom pad under the pool. So, i'm curious as to what they are going to say today. I'm betting they are going to try to remove the block, and try and slide it back in once the support is fixed. The foam cove will prevent the liner from being touched in any way.

I just hope they fix it and fix it right so I don't have to go through all the hassle of complaining and getting them to cover it under some kind of warranty. Or even worse, having to fix it myself.

They are never going to slide another block under there with the pool full. I tried digging one of mine out from under the track, not the support!!! n failed!

Do they have SuperMan n the Hulk working for them? I'd be very concerned that they will ruin the track by digging out a full pool or even a half full pool, pushing the wall out of the track once they start digging n that track sinks, tearing the liner with their tools because the cove n pad are not impenetrable from a sharp spade.

If this were my pool, I'd tell them to fix it right by installing the NEW cuff boot that the support sits in and honor the warranty to do it free by reinstalling... Or, just live with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.