Pump Directions and Problems

Sep 7, 2008
Him I'm mstoshat, and I am having a problem with running my sta-rite pump. Its a single speed, and the model T30001RT3. I just moved in and had to shock the pool due to green algae. Now, the pool is clear, but I need to clean the algae out, and I dont know how to properly operate the pump. No directions were left here, and I don't know where to go and get them from. I am afraid that I will burn out the engine, cuz the water level gets low in the resoivoir, and the guage pressure also gets extremely low. And, when I vacuum the bottom, to get all the dirt and algae out, it seems to make it worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again the pump is a Sta-Rite dynapro single speed pump. #P6RA6F-206L. Again, thanks for any help. We really need it. :?

:) Yes, the water in the skimmer is up that high. I have been keeping the ground as clean as possible to help with keeping the skimmer free of stuff, and so far so good. But today my boyfriend opened up the resevoir that pumps the water through on the pump and he cleaned out tons of leaves. And the filter itself is quite YUCKY due to the algae. But he cleaned it also. So I know it is somewhat working, I'm just not sure how to properly work it, having it clean the pool, while it runs the water from it and the jacuzzi through it. Plus, I just noticed that the drain in the bottom of the pool is missing its cover. Where would I get that from? Man, cleaning up someone elses mistreatment of their pool really BITES!!! :rant:

First, if you could snap a few quick pics of the pump and any valves that owuld be very helpful.

Second, this will help you help others understand what you are talking about when you explain things.
The resivior you are reffering to on the from of the pump is called a pump pot or pump strainer basket. Also, what type of filter do you have? Is it a cartridge(big round paper/fabric thing with many pleats), D.E (you would have to pour white powder(D.E.) into the skimmer after cleaning this one. If you open it up, there will most likely be a bunch of fabric coated "fingers" in it), or or is it Sand(this type of filter generally isn't opened, just backwashed). From what you said it sounds like you have a cartridge filter.

One more thing, is your pool an Inground or Above Ground pool?

When you vacuum you say that the pump pot empties of water, are you making sure to prime the vacuum hose before putting it in the skimmer? If not, this can be done by holding one end of the hose over the return until the bubbles stop coming out of the other end. If you don't prime the hose, when you connect it the pump will suck air and lose prime.

HTH,
Adam

Thanks. I have an inground pool. And I did get all the air out of the line before I vacuumed. I also have a cartridge for a filter. We ended up purchasing a new filter, which seemed to correct just about every problem we were having. Even though we had three different pool guys come out, none of them ever suggested getting a new cartridge even though they took out the old one and knew it needed to be replaced. One of the reasons why we are trying to learn to care for the pool/spa ourselves.The water is much clearer and bluer (is that a word?). But it is still a little cloudy. We did shock it weekly like we were told to do, and even used a clarifier. But it still isnt completely clear and I don't know what else to try. It's a 10,000 capacity, and we do all the maintenence daily (brushing/basket cleaning). Also, how do you load pictures? And when would you recommend running a heater for the spa/pool. Its a Hayward H250 series. Looked it up on line but it doesnt say much about operating it. Thanks for any help. :lol:

As long as you are keeping the chlorine levels up and adding more when they drop, all you may need now is POP(Pool Owner Patience). Give it a few days(or more) and keep the filter running 24/7.

Loading pictures isn't hard. You will need to make an account with a Photo Hosting site, like Photobucket(http://www.photobucket.com) Then once you upload the pictures, underneath them there will be 4 bars with codes in them. If you are on a PC just click the one that says Img Code(I believe) it should say something like "Copied" when you click. If not, just copy and paste the code into your post. There should be these tags around the image code--->
then just post and the images should appear.

I can't help with the heater as I only have solar, but if you use the pool often I would just keep it up to temp. and let the spa drop to pool temp(if it is a spillover spa). Then when you want to soak in the spa, just heat that up.

HTH,
Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.